The Piksters Shield Level 1 & Level 2 Surgical Masks are Single Use Masks. It is important to use them correctly so here are the key points to optimise your safety and protection.
- Wash your hands before applying the mask
- Pull open the mask pleats vertically so the mask covers from the chin to the bridge of the nose – not under the nose
- Place the white side towards your mouth with flexible strip upwards
- Pinch the flexible strip to mould the mask to the bridge of your nose
- Place the white loops around the ears.
- Further adapt the area around the nose so that it conforms to the shape of your nose and provides a seal when breathing in
- Adjust the mask to your face without leaving gaps on the sides
Some do’s and don’ts recommended by the World Health Organisation (WHO) current at July 2020 in relation to COVID-19
- Avoid touching the mask during use and do not remove it when talking
- Remove the mask by holding the ear loops, ensuring that you do not touch the front surface of the mask
- Discard the mask after use by placing it into an enclosed bin
- Wash your hands after mask removal
- In the event that the mask becomes damp, immediately remove and dispose safely